Sunday 5 January 2014

Unit 10: Minor Project - Young Barnabas UV Maps

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample extract from my latest contribution (05/01/14) direct from Polydoodle Pictures Studio Blog. The video below shows the ZUV maps for "& Son's" child  character Young Barnabas Badgersworth. Please check out our blog to see the complete UV map in all its glory. I hope the narrative on this video makes the idea a little clearer to everyone watching! Anyway please enjoy!


EXTRACT

"The video above shows the ZUV tiles of my UV mapping this is again just another way to check what elements of your UV map reflect their geometry. Its a nice little touch by Pixologic (the inventors of ZBrush) but I like the hurdles. I also like to have any excuse possible to go into ZBrush (a concept which threw me off a little bit for this unit) but I have learnt my lesson. I threw in a little narration over the top of this video as the last one felt a little dry. I felt it was handy to explain my actions a little as I went and did them."

Read the full article here >>

No comments:

Post a Comment