Friday 6 April 2012

Unit 5: Animation - Final Storyboard & Animatic

Hello Everyone,

Once again apologies for the delay but I have been doing quite a few things, never the less I am here with one of many new updates. This week is the epic Animation grind but I am pleased to say that I am ready for it. I have a lot of things done just not alot posted so many will follow this one I am sure.

I spent most of today fixing up my animatic which included finding sound and the perfect somber tune to fit my little epic. I am quite pleased with this Animatic, its actually more lively then the long shot animatic. I was able to be more creative with fewer panels which convey what I am hoping to animate perfectly.

Anyway lets get on to the post.


I broke my story down in 15 panels, leaving room for me to indulge in a little creativity on those impending seconds. I have planned everything down to the frame and fall perfectly with the 1 minute time constraint. The only thing the storyboards lack is the screen direction but I pretty much knew this & convey it well in the animation of the camera positioning & scale.


The animatic (above) shows my thinking toward this project, the lamp itself had to be somewhat shortened so I could fit it into a 16:9 aspect ratio, never the less it is quite obvious that my lamp is a standard lamp and not a desk lamp as was original designs. My "Slouching Lamp" is hunched and oafish, uncouth & clumsy, I didn't want to convey anything else... it just became its own after that...

Well this is the first of many but with the Animatic down I know how my story will go and exactly what needs to move and how. The rest is for everyone else to enjoy on Crit day, I just gotta pull my socks up now and get running before this project escapes me.

Hope everyone is having a good Easter btw, even though I myself have been sweating on my business stuff I have had a little time for some R&R. Never the less now back to the grind stone.

Hope everyone is good!

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stitch - great to see some updates on here - and everything looks like it's under control... best of luck for the final push!

    ReplyDelete