Thursday 1 March 2012

Unit 4: Story Telling - Maya Exercises, Week 4 - Walk Cycles

Hello Everyone,

I have about an hour until my power is cut off meaning I plan on sleeping through the day, I refuse to sit here like a nelly not being able to achieve my final days work. With that being said I have reached the end of the Maya tutorials which despite a bit of moaning were actually quite fun.

It's always daunting when Alan plonks on a 40 minute video because you are wondering how much you can actually follow on your own. Still I am enjoying these videos! My most recent successes are something I defiantly attribute to gaming. The basics of walk cycles, to think only a year or so ago I was watching my business partner make them wondering how the hell id ever understand it... NOW LOOK AT ME!

Anyway enough waffle lets get down to the videos...


The video above was my first attempt from the basic walk cycle Alan provided on the tutorials. I took this video a little free style, the sliding feet still bug me in this video. What I can say is that I now understand the dreaded graft editor which has been a bit of a head scratcher for me specifically when you have to consider frames not just the positioning.


Video 8 is quite possibly my shining moment, the tutorial was brilliant using boxes to stop the annoying foot glide. Even attaining a nice rhythm throughout. The walk does feel a little andronic but I can live with it as my first big look into the editor. I even love the weight distributed by the feet... exactly how it should be.

Well that concludes Maya until the next unit anyway. I am kind of hoping that we get more animation tasks for the next Unit. I actually prefer them to the modelling side of things, specifically the dreaded UV Mapping side of things. Lets keep our fingers crossed...

Take it easy people!

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment