Wednesday 29 February 2012

Unit 4: Story Telling - DVD Case, Display & CD Design

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would post my new DVD stuff up here for this Unit. Another check box exercise but I am rather proud of this design. Kind of went with a bit of a tron vibe, not sure why but I like the way my storyboards now make up the cover. It feels more... authentic shall we say & conveys what this unit was about if the title didn't already...

I do wonder If I will get all of these discs back one day, it would be nice to have a little collection of my own work. I guess at the end of the day it's up to Phil, I may just return to hassle see if that helps steer his decision if it is in fact a "No".

Anyway onto the disc artwork:


The image above is my disc submission artwork, I kind of tarted up the last panel of my storyboard it felt poetic to use the disc as a Winshield CD. Suffice to say I did and then slapped my traditional branding over the top. I like it, certainly works better then I thought it would...


Next comes my case cover, as you can see the illuminum blue is really effective here. It feels kind of weird looking at it almost in xray form, still it is an effective design for this particular brief. I'm not sure if the entire story can be seen on the cover... My guess is not...


Last but not least is the case in all of its standing glory. I couldn't resist putting the birds image on the case, it makes me chuckle a little... I don't think I'll look at birds the same way again.

Well not long till the Crit now, I still have a couple of final character images and environment to make. Hopefully I can wrap that up tomorrow, tonight I still have a 3D modelling video to get cracking on... wish me luck.

Take it easy!

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment