Sunday 2 October 2011

Unit 1: Anatomy - Walrus Motion Research

Hello Everyone,

Another update, been doing more research tonight. Very interested in the movement of the Walrus and how "Waldepeer" would walk from point A to point B. I haven't done much research into character movement so I thought this would be interesting.



Video 1

Video 1 shows a Walrus haven of sorts, all kinds of Walrus creeds meeting on a single shore to relax, eat, sleep and wander. I thought this was an interesting way to capture Walrus demeanour namely in the masses.



Video 2

Video 2 is much more in depth with closer shots of the Walrus, the parade ends with a Polar Bear at 7:35 but I didn't mind, 7 minutes was more then enough to get the idea of "Waldepeer's" animation.

This research is vital to uncovering the ideal structure of my metamorphosis into Waldepeer. I believe it is good practice to understand how the final build of his body will function to realistic constraints.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting idea, you could draw your character in mid-movement. Walrus are like huge catepillars with arms in the way they move.

    ReplyDelete